Buying a home is one of the most exciting times in a person’s life, but it can also be a very daunting process without the proper guidance. The first step as a new homebuyer is to partner with a full-time buyer’s agent who can educate you on the entire buying process so you can search for the perfect home with confidence.
Tom Rheault has been helping people buy homes in Central Massachusetts for close to 10 years now, and as your dedicated buyer agent he will lead you through every step with ease.
Tom will set up showings for any home on the market that fits your criteria, and once the perfect home is pinpointed, he will help you construct and negotiate the best offer possible. He will guide you through the home inspection, purchase and sale agreement, appraisal, commitment, final walkthrough, and finally the closing where he will deliver the keys to your brand new home.
Tom is also a licensed Massachusetts contractor and has been involved in the construction and home-building fields since he was very young. With this unique qualification, Tom can provide an unmatched level of expertise for his homebuyers. He can help answer questions regarding the home’s features and systems during property viewings, and can help point out potential issues with a home before ever putting in an offer.
The (Simplified) Steps to the Home Buying Process:
- Buyer obtains a formal Pre-Approval from a bank or lending institution
- Buyer meets with a Realtor to get acquainted with the process and get any preliminary home-buying questions answered
- Realtor sets up showings at the properties that fit the Buyer’s criteria
- Buyer finds the perfect home
- Buyer sits down with their Realtor to draw up an offer
- Realtor negotiates the offer until all parties are in agreement
- Home is inspected by a licensed Massachusetts Home Inspector
- Attorneys for the Buyer and Seller put together a formal Purchase and Sale Agreement
- Buyer supplies their bank/lender with any needed documentation for underwriting
- Lender supplies a Mortgage Commitment Letter
- Realtor and Buyer do a final walk-through of the home prior to closing
- Buyer closes on the home and becomes a homeowner!
If you are thinking about buying a home in Central Massachusetts:
- Sign up for property alerts
- or Contact Tom today to set up an appointment to start the process as a new homebuyer.
Feel free to check out some Testimonials from Tom’s past clients.
A sample of the many homes that Tom has helped his buyer’s purchase over the years: